• (267) 217-3372
- Build no more new prisons;
- reduce the number of people in prison; and
- begin community reinvestment - instead of expanding prisons, invest more in schools, jobs, job training, healthcare, food access, and other programs that address the root causes of violence.
Decarcerate PA - It's Time to End Mass Incarceration
- Faithful Advocacy for Criminal Justice Reform: Principles & Practice
This is the last of three events in different locations on the "Clean Slate" legislation that has passed the PA Senate. Events are organized by Pennsylvania Council of Churches with Mennonite Central Committee. ($20 registration fee).
Jan. 13, 2018 (Saturday, 1:30-5:30pm), Lancaster Brethren in Christ Church, 1865 Fruitville Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Jan. 19 (Fri. 9am) - Legislative visits
For details and registration, see www.pachurchesadvocacy.org/events
- January 24, 2018 (Wednesday, 6:30-8:30pm)
"Pull of Gravity" -
film screening and panel discussion: What happens when people come home after incarceration?
Free, Non-Ticketed Event/Open to the Public.
Location: Civic Theatre, 514 N. 19th St., Allentown, PA 18104
For more information: Lehigh University, Office of Interdisciplinary Programs, 610-758-3996, email@example.com.
- January 30, 2018 (Tuesday, 6:00pm)
Organizational meeting for Lehigh Valley working group to end mass incarceration.
Location: RCDC Education Building, 916 W. Turner St., Allentown.
(Off street parking is available behind the building; enter parking lot from 9th Street)
For more information, see justice.ppjr.org
Sponsored by POWER NE, TLCC Justice & Advocacy, and partner organizations.
- "Rikers: An American Jail"
Movie Night at Dubbs, with discussion.
(Tentatively, in February 2018. Check here again after Jan. 30th)
- Larry Krasner - Philadelphia's new District Attorney
Throughout his 30 year career, Mr. Krasner has also proudly demonstrated a steadfast commitment to social justice, having defended protesters pro bono who were involved with movements including ACT UP, Black Lives Matter, progressive clergy with POWER, Casino-Free Philadelphia, DACA Dreamers, Decarcerate PA, anti-gun clergy with Heeding God's Call, anti-poverty and homelessness advocates with Kensington Welfare Rights Union, Occupy Philly and Reclaim Philadelphia, and Grannies for Peace, among many others.
- Pennsylvania Bail Bond - It's Time for Reform
Learn More about Decarcerate Here